POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
From: Michael Goldshteyn
Date: 10 May 2002 12:55:54
Message: <3cdbfb9a$1@news.povray.org>
OK, I can agree with most of what you said except for one point:

"Povray, by itself, is capable of producing finished works."

This is simply untrue. There is no way that POVRAY can produce images that
cannot be improved with an unsharp-mask, particularly if anti-aliasing is
used. No amount of tuning can enhance this, short of adding unsharp-mask
algorithms directly into POV.

Another point is tonal adjustment, on the order of what you can do with
curves in Photoshop. It would be nearly impossible, either in time or space,
to perform the sort of minute adjustments possible with Photoshop's
levels/curves, for example to selectively lighten a certain tonal range, all
else being equal.

Outside of the above two points, I suppose that given an infinite amount of
time for fudging the scene, anything else is possible.

Mike